Friday, September 18, 2009

Playing the Odds

Now that our induction date is set, we are just waltzing towards it at even intervals, one day at a time. We have the bags packed and the car seat installed. We have the fridge stocked, the cameras charged and plans for Lola (going to Grandma’s house!) for while we are in the hospital. We have our bills on autopay and a list of people to call once Ryan arrives. We are set. And yet, we play the odds.

I have not filled up the car in a long time, and it has been running on a quarter of a tank for a week or so now. Never mind the fact that we live ten minutes from the hospital, all of six miles, it is just the idea that not everything is ready that I like. I am wearing some of the clothes I want to take to the hospital right now, and I use the camera to take pictures every day.

I do this to try to trick him into coming early. So far, it’s not working, and yet I drive around with a yellow gas light on in my car, with my hospital bag almost packed, with a three-quarters charged camera, in the hopes that one of those insignificant things will trick Ryan into arriving in his own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment