Saturday, July 25, 2009

Injured Reserve

Well, I am on the injured reserve list.

This past week, Jeff got home early one day and decided to mow the grass. I thought I would be helpful and pull weeds in our pine straw beds while he did this because the weeds are taking over our "natural areas" (AKA: areas that have no flowering shrubs or anything).

At some point in this house's life, previous owners installed a very amazing array of bricks and railroad ties and pathways through the backyard. We kept it all, because it is truly beautiful, but some of the railroad ties have seen better days. Our plan is to update them next spring, because we have some that have rotted from a few years of neglect. Well, bees also live in (some of) them. And apparently when I was pulling weeds, I angered some of the bees and was attacked! In my efforts to run away, I ended up falling. I scraped up my leg on a brick step, and smacked my hand against our deck post while trying to avoid falling on the belly. I was also stung five or six times as well. THANKFULLY the baby is fine, but my hand is not. I ended up spraining the hand part, and I will have to wear a brace for a while. One of my bee bites has swelled up and bruised pretty badly, but it seems to getting better. "

So, the good news is that I am off any real work for the next nine weeks, or until the baby gets here. Today Jeff is removing the storm windows and screens from the house so it can be pressure washed, and then working on the bathrooms and I am spending the day in a float by the pool. Maybe this injury wasn't such a bad thing at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment